The kids got me a couple of Emile Henry ceramic bakers for my birthday. One is baguette pan and the other is a bread loaf pan. Today was the first trial of them. The bread was made in between all of the yard work and errands that needed to get done with our slow spring and sudden summer — 95F today.
This is based on the Multigrain sourdough recipe but I was out of the KAF Harvest Grains Blend. So to substitute I used the following mix which was soaked in the boiling water:
- 1/4 c poppy seed
- 1/4 c steel cut oats
- 1/4 white sesame seeds
- 1/2 c roasted / salted pepitas / sunflower seed mix (from Farm and Fleet)
The dough was a bit wet, I probably had too much water in the starter feed but then added more bread flour to make up. Again the dough was mixed and rested for 30 min before the kneading. First rise was 2 hrs at 76F (I had to run out and go get more herbs for the garden) . After rolling to shape, the top was brushed with water and the black sesame seeds were springkled on . Second rise was 1 hour at 100F.
Bake at 425 F for 33-38 min with the last 5 min uncovered.
YUM! Thank you: Jessie, Elyse and David for the bakers.
I am in the process of overhauling my website and postings. In the meantime you can find my old boatbuilding website here: Riviera Construction Project.
In the last few years I have been letting my projects, comments and photos get scattered. This has resulted in a mix of items on Facebook, columns I have written and various forums with the unfortunate consequence of not having a single place to go and find my prior posts which are located at:
- Glen-l boatbuilding forum – I was active while building and did a column for the monthly newsletter for a few years
- Wisconsin Woodworkers Guild – I wrote a monthly column while I was president.
- Facebook – Lots of posts , notes and photo albums including the majority of my dive photos, but not very accessible to the general public
- Youtube – I have a Youtube Channel that will be gaining more content. Currently mostly dive videos.
- Southbend lathe yahoo groups – Superb resource for those interested in South Bend Lathes . Huge help when I rebuilt my SBL 13
- HID Dive Lights yahoo group – This is where I documented much of my dive light builds
- Hobby Machinist – Another great resource and most helpful while I rebuilt my Bridgeport Mill
- CNC Zone – Current CNC router project resource
and more – you get the idea. Lots of scatter.
So now I will be consolidating everything back here. It will take some time to gather the various pieces back as well as get the new content posted.
The impetus for all of this is my newest project. It is a CNC router. This is another scratch built project. I want to document the build and resources as I did with the boat and not just have it in another web site’s forum.